Nurse Green Card Options for a BSN Holder

I am a registered nurse about to get my BSN this August 2010. I am really concerned about the retrogression and would like to know the steps i need to take to find a sponsor for green card. Thanks

There is still a special category for nurses (Schedule A) which allows a company to sponsor you for a green card without having to undergo labor certification (PERM). However, it is no longer fast tracked and processing times are currently about five years so you will need to maintain your nonimmigrant status if you wish to remain in the US while the green card application is pending. Since you have a BSN, you may qualify for an H1B visa depending on the type of nursing position you are able to find.

Posted on August 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink
In: H-1B Visa, PERM, Schedule A · Tagged with: , ,

One Response

Subscribe to comments via RSS

  1. Written by Vivienne
    on May 23, 2014 at 7:10 am

    I am in the process of completing my BSN. I also graduated with an Associates in Emergency Medical Technology (Paramedic) from a US institution a year ago. My question is, would working in the ER (based on my BSN and Paramedic license) place me in a specialty category eligible for a H1b visa?

Subscribe to comments via RSS

Leave a Reply