Setting Up a J1 Program

How can an entity apply to become a J1 program sponsor?

Exchange Visitor Program sponsors are comprised of US government, academic, research, and private sector organizations designated as Exchange Visitor Program sponsors by the State Department’s Office of Private Sector Exchange in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Any person or organization that has previous experience in the field of international exchanges and meets certain financial requirements can become a J1 program sponsor

J1 Program Sponsor Eligibility

How can an entity apply to become a J-1 program sponsor?

In order to become a J1 program sponsor, an organization must file an application with the US Department of State to become certified. Once certified, they may issue Form DS-2019 and sponsor foreign nationals for J1 visas. For more information about how to become a J-1 program sponsor, please contact us at 305-515-0613 or email us at