Lost I-94 Card and Green Card Application

I entered the US in 1997 with a visitors visa and overstayed.  I recently married my wife who is a US citizen and we want to apply for my green card.  I lost my i94 card several years ago but I still have my passport.  Will it be a problem?

In order to apply for adjustment of status to permanent resident, with few exceptions, you must be able to show that you were inspected and admitted to the US.  This is typically done by showing your I-94 card and immigration stamps in your passport. Sometimes just the stamp in your passport is sufficient when adjusting but you can also request a duplicate or a replacement for your lost card.