Archive for the ‘ITIN’ Category

On Social Security Numbers and Driver’s Licenses

Foreign nationals in the United States require a tax identification number from the Social Security Administration (SSA) or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to perform certain actions in the United States such as banking, taxes and obtaining a driver’s license.  While, generally, a foreign national must have work authorization to obtain a social security number […]

Posted on December 12, 2008 at 12:58 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink · Leave a comment
In: Driver's License, ITIN, SSN · Tagged with: , , ,