Archive for the ‘AC21’ Category

Religious Worker Portability

I have an approved religious worker visa and my green card is waiting for approvel. I was wondering if I can switch to another church before I get the green card? The answer is no if you still want to obtain the green card. The law, specifically AC21, allows porting between employers where there is an approved […]

Posted on August 22, 2012 at 7:42 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink · One Comment
In: AC21, R-1 Visa · Tagged with: ,

H1B Visa Extensions Beyond the Six Year Limitation

The maximum duration for status as an H1B visa holder is six years.  Any time spent in L status or other H status such as H2B or H4 visa status is included.  Normally, a foreign national who wishes to hold H1B visa status beyond the six year maximum is prohibited unless he or she spends […]

Posted on August 17, 2010 at 8:21 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink · 2 Comments
In: AC21, H-1B Visa · Tagged with: ,