Physician J1 Waiver Job While Applicant is Outside of the US

I am a physician intraining Board certified from the US.

I will be finishing my training in New York city, and will be living in Canada for family reasons.

My 2 years home residency are in my country of last permanent residency which is Lebanon and not Canada.

Can I apply for a J1 waiver job through your office despite the fact that my J1 status expired and I didnt fullfill my 2 years home residency? and I am living in Canada and not the USA? or the only way to apply for a J1 waiver is if the J1 visa is still valid and I am still physically present in the USA and still didnt finish my training in the US??

Knowing that I finished my internal medicine training and am already Board certified.

Thank you

You do not need to be present in the US to apply for a J1 waiver. As long as you obtain a full time job offer to work in an underserved (HPSA/MUA) area, we can help you. Once the waiver is approved, you will need to enter on an H1B visa to begin work for the following three years.

Posted on August 23, 2012 at 7:07 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink
In: National Interest Waiver · Tagged with: 

Leave a Reply