Visa for a Part Time Housekeeper

I have a friend in the Philippines I would like to employ as a part time house keeper and part time work in my business is there a work visa that would allow her to work for me ? Thank You

An H2B visa may be possible for this type of work if you can establish that you have a seasonal, one time need or that the work is otherwise temporary in nature. If you are looking to bring your friend here for a longer duration, you may wish to offer him a different type of employment.

Posted on August 25, 2012 at 1:48 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink
In: H-2B Visa · Tagged with: 

One Response

Subscribe to comments via RSS

  1. Written by Dulce
    on October 1, 2013 at 6:16 am

    Hello there! A family is interested to hire me as a nanny in the US. I am 37 years old, Filipina. Will that be possible? If so, please advise as to what the employer needs to do first. Thanks a lot!

Subscribe to comments via RSS

Leave a Reply