From J1 visa to Green Card

I’d like to know if I can change my status in USA. I’ve a J1 visa and I’d like to have the pemanent one. What Can I do?

Unless you are subject to INA Section 212(E) and require a J1 waiver, you are eligible to apply for a green card through the normal immigrant categories which include all forms of family and employment based sponsorship.

Posted on August 25, 2012 at 1:34 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink
In: Green Card, J-1 Visa · Tagged with: ,

Leave a Reply