Physician NIW – HPSA/MUA Employment

Hello, I would like to know how long after signing a contract you can file the NIW application. I am finishing my 3 year J1 waiver, and will transfer jobs to another MUA/HPSA location, but I hear you couldn’t file before 6 months of the contract date. Is that period related to the original 3y contract for the waiver or the second one?

Also, can I start working with you on the application before I secure the contract?

Filing the NIW can begin before securing the employment contract but you will not be able to gain State support until you do so. State support of the waiver is mandatory before you can secure the waiver. Filing deadline with the State varies from state to state. We can start on your application now and ensure that your file is properly prepared when the application window opens.

Posted on August 23, 2012 at 6:51 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink
In: National Interest Waiver · Tagged with: 

Leave a Reply