Adjustment v Consular Processing

I just got my Green Card. May my wife, who is currently in Germany, adjust her status to permanent resident?

Adjustment of status application can only be filed by persons in the US. She will need to consular process her application. This simply means that she will need to apply through the State Department and the Embassy to obtain an immigrant visa. Once she obtains the immigrant visa she will be able to enter the US and will become a US permanent resident.

Leave a Reply