J1 Grace Period

My J status expired and I am in the middle of my 30-day grace period staying in the US, can I apply to change to other nonimmigrant status at this stage?

Although I am unaware of any specific statutory authority, USCIS regularly issues approvals for change of status application filed during the J1 grace period.

Posted on August 23, 2012 at 6:19 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink
In: Grace Period, J-1 Visa · Tagged with: ,

Leave a Reply