H2B Visa Holder is Looking for Change of Status Options

I’m having a work visa H2B visa right now but my job is going to end soon. I don’t want to leave and I want to stay legal. I don’t have a new job but I want to stay here. What can I do?

Without more details it is impossible to review all of your options but if you would like to remain in the US to visit and travel, you can apply for a tourist visa and you can remain in the US to travel for up to one year.  If you later find a job during that time or would like us to help you find an employer, you can later change back to an appropriate work visa.

Posted on August 23, 2012 at 5:36 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink
In: Green Card, H-2B Visa · Tagged with: ,

Leave a Reply