H1B Visa Extension Beyond the Six Year Limitation

I’m currently working with a H1B and it will expire soon so I can get a extension? I already have 6 years as H1B and I have labor certificate and my company filed I-140. Can I get a extension?

Yes, you will be able to extend beyond the 6-year limitation. A Section 106(a) extension allows extensions in one year increments where you have a labor certification/PERM, I-140 or employment based adjustment application filed at least 365 days prior to the expiration of your current H1B visa status. In you case though, it would probably be in your best interest to premium process your I140 and get that approved. Then you qualify for a Section 104(c) extension which would allow you to obtain a three year H1B extension, provided that an immigrant visa is unavailable due to per country limitations.

Posted on August 22, 2012 at 7:30 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink
In: Green Card, H-1B Visa · Tagged with: ,

Leave a Reply