Change of Status from J1 Visa During the 30-day grace period

I just finished working for a hotel chain in J1 which is now expired. I was hoping you could help me change to student visa. Is it possible?

Upon completion of you J1 program (the end date on your DS-2019 form), you have a 30 day grace period. We can help you change to F1 visa status during your grace period so long as the start date for the F1 falls within the grace period.

Posted on August 13, 2012 at 10:18 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink
In: F-1 Visa, J-1 Visa · Tagged with: ,

Leave a Reply