I-360 for a Widow of Permanent Resident

My husband was a green card holder filed AOS based on 245(i) for me on April of 2001.  My husband died recently and I went to USCIS office in Houston to ask for an AP to attend husband’s funeral abroad. I was told that my AOS application was denied since the petitioner-my husband, not a USC, died. I was also told to file an I-360 as widower. Is this the correct route to follow?

No, widow self-petitions are only available for spouses of US citizens. We may be able to get your I-130 reinstated and appeal the adjustment denial. If you need our assistance, please feel free to call our office at 305-515-0613 or email us at info@messersmithlaw.com.

Posted on August 23, 2012 at 6:16 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink
In: 245(i), Adjustment of Status · Tagged with: ,

Leave a Reply