TD Visa Holder Wants to Open a Business in the US

My wife and I are Canadian citizens currently living in the US. She is working on TN visa and I have a TD visa. I own an organic tea importing/exporting business in Canada. I want to expand that business in the US as well. I am planning to contact the tea retail stores or cafes in the US and negotiate a deal so that I can supply tea from Canada to those stores in the US. Can I do that with my current TD visa or do I need another visa? How much would you charge for helping me obtain the right visa?

Unfortunately, the TD visa does not authorize employment in the US. You would need to change your status to H1B visa or E1 visa in order to run your import/export company from the US.

Posted on August 22, 2012 at 7:23 pm by Immigration Lawyer Peter Messersmith · Permalink
In: E-1 Visa, TD Visa, TN Visa · Tagged with: , ,

Leave a Reply